Read the articles posted below on cyber-bullying and student free speech. Then respond in a thoughtful post to the following questions:
How do you protect students from cyber-bullying and still protect students’ First Amendment Rights? Is it worth giving up some of your freedoms to ensure students are protected from the effects of bullying?
CONSIDER THESE WRITING TIPS BEFORE COMPOSING YOUR RESPONSE
* Outline the main points of each article
* Brainstorm reasons for your position
* Brainstorm reasons for the opposing position
* Briefly outline your argument – How can you distinguish yourself from other writers?
WHILE WRITING YOUR RESPONSE
* Consider your audience (teenagers like you)
* Write an engaging opening that hooks your reader
* Support your ideas with specific attributed material from articles or other material from unit (and attribute them). Choose the best details to support your argument.
* Briefly present one of the most compelling points of the opposing side and argue against it.
* Convince your reader with a compelling writing voice
* Write a roughly 300-500 word response in Word
* Spell check and proofread before copying and pasting your response in a comment to this post.